Today in class, I was asked to free write anything I thought about the lead to either the success or failure of being in school. Here’s the list I came up with:
“What does it take to succeed in school?
- a supportive family to help you through high school and then encourage you to go to college.
- a school that actually cares about you doing well
- you need to have the want to go to school.
- You need to understand how school works so even if you’re not the smartest, you can still learn how to work the system in your favor.
- Realize that nobody in your classes actually cares about how you look and really only on if you look like you have showered sometime recently
- When in college, money is nice to buy books and such. So get a job or find a nice sugar daddy to pay for everything for you. Or ask your parents if they are up for supporting you.
Why do people fail school?
- People fail school because they don’t care.
- Some people fail because something distracted them. Be it work, or friends, or an other, drugs, all the fun stuff.
- Some people fail because no one was there to support them.
- Some people fail because no one noticed they were failing until it was too late.”
Cool, it’s great and all. Buy why do you bring this up?
Well, if you can’t tell, a big thing is support. And not everyone has support. Some people don’t have family to encourage them, some don’t have a school that pushes them, some don’t have the internal motivation to do it themselves.
I’ve posted many times about the things I want to do with my life and how if I could make decisions, my life would be a lot easier. Your job as a reader is to kick my butt into doing things. And don’t worry, I’ve got my friends dragging me out of bed to go work out. But its your job to inspire me, to tell me what you like or don’t like, tell me things I should try, etc.
In return, I will continue posting things that are helpful and fun and personal and weird and inspirational to try to get you to be the best person you can. Don’t be afraid to leave a comment saying you need an opinion or advice from me. If you stalk me on a social media, I’ll try my best to think of something creative to respond to you.
Let us make an agreement.
You will kick my butt to go do the things I need and want to do. In return, I will give you something to read that inspires you to become better.
The more the merrier,